Flossing your teeth has many substantial benefits that can help keep your oral health in tip-top shape. In fact, flossing may be a critical step in cleaning deep along the gum line or between your teeth in places that your toothbrush has difficulty reaching. Cavities and gum disease is a severe threat to your smile, which is why flossing is so important to help fight off those conditions.
Our Dentist, Dr. Michael Hollingsworth, understands the need for flossing. That is why our dental team in St. Joseph, Missouri, is happy to share some information with you on the many benefits to flossing and how it can help your oral health.
Routine flossing can:
– scoop out food-particles and debris left stuck between your teeth and along your gumline where your toothbrush can’t reach.
– prevent gum disease from starting by clearing the bacteria around your teeth trickling into your gums.
– push away plaque and bacteria from between your teeth and deep along your gumline that could have created cavities.
– clear away lasting bacteria that could be causing halitosis left behind from your toothbrush.
– help your teeth stay healthy between your dental visits.
If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to schedule a dental checkup, please call us today at 816.232.8788 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to help you achieve positive oral health and give you your six-month checkup whenever you need it.