It’s easy to get lost it the tidal wave of wonders that will cascade across our food palates this season, so you should be prepared for any potentially disastrous situation that may arise. One wrong food choice could potentially spell disaster for your teeth. You should take extra precautions to protect your teeth. Listed below are just a few of the tips you should follow so that your holidays and your teeth can remain merry and bright:
– Avoid hard candies like candy canes and peanut brittle. They can easily chip or crack your teeth. Avoid chewy candy like caramels or gummies. Sticky candies can easily stick to your teeth and gums and can be hard to remove even when brushing. As an alternative snack, try sugarless gum to hold your appetite over between meals.
– Do not indulge in-between-meal snacks. The longer sugar and other harmful materials are in contact with your teeth, the greater risk of damage.
– Be sure to brush twice daily and floss once daily with either dental floss or a suitable dental tool approved by your dentist.
– Cook more healthy foods this year, and fewer desserts, cookies, and pies.
– Visit your dentist at Dr. Michael Hollingsworth for an oral examination and your regularly scheduled professional cleanings.
– Eat healthy.
You don’t have to fight the battle against bad hygiene alone this year. Our expert team at Dr. Michael Hollingsworth is here to craft you the best personalized plan for all your dental needs. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Michael Hollingsworth, call us at 816.232.8788, or drop by our office in St. Joseph, Missouri. Come in today, and enjoy the rest of your holiday season with a smile!