Toothaches are inconvenient and quite painful. Typically, when people suffer from a toothache, they panic. If you are urged to do so, please stay calm. There are many reasons why you might have a toothache. The first thing you need to do is determine the underlying cause behind your pain. To help you, Dr. Michael Hollingsworth and our dental team... read more »
Some may remember the fluoride rinse program required every week or month in grades kindergarten through 12th grade. Instructions would be read by the teacher or another supervisor and followed promptly. There are other ways of administration including foods, beverages, and dietary supplements. Fluoride is a large preventative measure in making teeth more resistant to tooth decay, tooth enamel stronger,... read more »
Sometimes even good oral hygiene practices can still allow a cavity to form on a tooth. Without timely treatment, the general tooth decay can slowly spread. In time, it could even start to penetrate the interior of the tooth, leading to potentially serious complications. Early detection and treatment at Dr. Michael Hollingsworth can make it possible to repair the cavity... read more »
Dentures can restore your smile this festive holiday season. We want your holiday to be filled with delicious sweets, delightful eats, and light-up treats for this holiday and many more to come. If you currently have dentures, it is important to care for them all season long, so that they can protect and provide you with the care they are... read more »
It’s easy to get lost it the tidal wave of wonders that will cascade across our food palates this season, so you should be prepared for any potentially disastrous situation that may arise. One wrong food choice could potentially spell disaster for your teeth. You should take extra precautions to protect your teeth. Listed below are just a few of... read more »
You may think biting your nails only affects your nails, but did you know that chewing your nails can actually damage your teeth? Fortunately, your nails can grow back, but the damage to your teeth may need professional help before it can be reversed. Your nails are probably one of the dirtiest parts of your body—meaning chewing your nails can... read more »
The enamel layer on each of your teeth is very hard and durable. However, it is not impervious to enamel erosion caused by consuming acidic foods, beverages and the natural bacteria in your mouth. Over time this process, known as demineralization can, create microscopic pores and channels in your tooth enamel, promoting tooth decay and sensitivity issues. Fortunately, increased exposure... read more »
Tooth decay is commonly referred to as a cavity. Your six month dental checkup and cleaning at Dr. Michael Hollingsworth is designed to detect tooth decay. However, if you notice that one of your teeth has a changed texture, has a small hole or has developed sensitivity issues, you should not ignore it. Even a small area of tooth decay... read more »
- September Is National Gum Care Month. Do You Know How To Protect Your Gums for a Healthier Smile?
- Celebrate National Fresh Breath Day With These Breath Enhancing Tips!
- What Happens to Your Health and Smile When Putting Off Your Biannual Dental Cleanings and Exams?
- Smile With Us on National Smile Power Day on June 15th!
- Graduation and Wedding Days Are the Perfect Occasion to Whitening Your Smile!
- Spring Has Sprung! Call Today To Schedule Your Spring Dental Cleaning!
- Celebrate Our Dentists and Dental Assistants the Month of March!
- For National Gum Disease Awareness Month, Commit To Healthier Teeth and Gums!
- Start the New Year off With a Bang by Creating a Healthier, More Beautiful Smile!
- Don’t Let a Preventable Dental Emergency Sideline Your Oral Health
- Are You Thankful for Dental Care That Makes Your Smile Look and Feel Its Best?
- Healthy Dental Tips For the Spooky Season!
- National Gum Care Month Is a Good Reminder for You To Prevent Gum Disease
- Recognize National Fresh Breath Day With Fresh Breath!
- Dental Implants Are a Solution to Replacing Lost Teeth
- Bad Habits to Avoid If You Want Healthy Teeth and Gums
- Your Toothbrush Has Come a Long Way to Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy
- Good Oral Health Starts in the Home and Continues With Great Dental Care
- Aging and Dental Health: Don’t Let Time Rob You of the Healthy, Beautiful Smile You Deserve!
- National Gum Disease Awareness Month: How You Can Keep Your Gums Vibrant and Healthy!
- New Year’s Resolution: Address Your Bad Breath and Boost Your Self-Confidence Levels!
- Safeguard Your Mouth This Winter by Limiting Cavity-Causing Sugar, Eating Healthy and Wearing an Athletic Guard
- Celebrate Healthy Teeth and Gums With Healthy Foods and Drinks
- October is National Dental Hygiene Month: Brushing, Flossing and More!
- It’s National Gum Care Month!
- How Do Dental Checkups Impact Your Oral Health?
- A Dental Crown Can Beautifully Restore Your Tooth
- What Happens When I Forget to Floss?
- Enjoy Mother’s Day with a Healthy Smile
- Spring Into Summer With a Confident Smile