Do you know how important flossing is for your teeth? If not, then we have news for you! Flossing is a key part of good oral health. That is why, our team here at Dr. Michael Hollingsworth in St. Joseph, Missouri, is happy to assist you in any way we can. To start, let's cover the basic information on flossing.... read more »
The dental restorations performed at Dr. Michael Hollingsworth’s St. Joseph, Missouri clinic involve replacing the tooth enamel layer of a damaged or decayed tooth in an alternate material. The crown is then cemented onto the anchoring abutment with a very potent dental adhesive. While this bond is strong, it is not completely impervious to bacterial complications from chronic gum disease... read more »
Are you in need of water flosser therapy? A water flosser is an interdental device that is manufactured to supplement your oral health care treatment using an alternative oral health care treatment method of cleaning between teeth. Water flossers work by using a unique device that can spray beams of water at teeth, rather than a thread to floss between... read more »
A dental bridge is custom crafted in a state-of-the-art dental lab from durable materials. While it is intended to endure the rigors of daily chewing, there are still things that can chip or fracture a bridge. This is even more likely to occur if you play contact sports without the protection of a mouthguard or if you regularly grind your... read more »
Some dental issues are more talked than others. Things like cavities and dentures often enter into the public discourse involving oral health. However, there are other dental treatments that are just as important to the health of your teeth and gums. Periodontal disease is one of them. Periodontal disease is caused by a bacterial infection inside your gums. This happens... read more »
- This American Diabetes Month, We Have Some Tips To Protect Your Teeth and Gums!
- National Dental Hygiene Month Is This October and Our Dental Hygienists Have Some Fang-tastic Tips!
- September Is National Gum Care Month and a Great Time To Evaluate Your Gum Health!
- Tips To Help You Feel Calm and Relaxed at Your Next Dental Appointment
- Floss Your Way to a Healthier Mouth and a Healthier Body!
- June 17th Is National Teeth Whitening Day, and We Are Here for It!
- Smiling and Laughing Are Good for Your Mouth, Mood, and Body!
- Spring Is a Great Time To Replace Missing Teeth With Dental Implants and Complete Your Smile
- March Is National Dentist Day and Dental Assistants Recognition Week
- Why You Should Tune Into Gum Disease Awareness Month This February
- Start Your New Year Off With Transformational Dental Goals!
- Protect Your Smile From Dental Trauma During the Holidays!
- Thanking You and Your Families This Season
- Protect Your Family’s Smiles During Spooky Season!
- September Is National Gum Care Month. Do You Know How To Protect Your Gums for a Healthier Smile?
- Celebrate National Fresh Breath Day With These Breath Enhancing Tips!
- What Happens to Your Health and Smile When Putting Off Your Biannual Dental Cleanings and Exams?
- Smile With Us on National Smile Power Day on June 15th!
- Graduation and Wedding Days Are the Perfect Occasion to Whitening Your Smile!
- Spring Has Sprung! Call Today To Schedule Your Spring Dental Cleaning!
- Celebrate Our Dentists and Dental Assistants the Month of March!
- For National Gum Disease Awareness Month, Commit To Healthier Teeth and Gums!
- Start the New Year off With a Bang by Creating a Healthier, More Beautiful Smile!
- Don’t Let a Preventable Dental Emergency Sideline Your Oral Health
- Are You Thankful for Dental Care That Makes Your Smile Look and Feel Its Best?
- Healthy Dental Tips For the Spooky Season!
- National Gum Care Month Is a Good Reminder for You To Prevent Gum Disease
- Recognize National Fresh Breath Day With Fresh Breath!
- Dental Implants Are a Solution to Replacing Lost Teeth
- Bad Habits to Avoid If You Want Healthy Teeth and Gums